For this topic, we have had inspiration from my nephews. When having a conversation with Romero about school he mentioned Wellbeing Wednesday. I asked him what it was about, and he said it happens every Wednesday at his school….
Please see Children’s Mental Health Week 7– 12th February 2022 which covers:
- Illustrative examples/Quotes: Children’s Mental Health Week 7– 12th February 2022: Growing Together
- YouTube Videos: Children’s Mental Health Week 2022: Growing Together
- Children’s Mental Health Week 7– 12th February 2022: Growing Together
- Wellbeing Wednesday – Illustrative examples/quotes
- Wellbeing Wednesday
- Children’s Mental Health and Grief and Children’s Mental Health Resources
- Our Final Thoughts/YouTube video
© Copyright 2019 Grief Probate Journey Blog *PLEASE NOTE THIS INFORMATION IS SOURCED FROM UK and AMERICAN WEBSITES* It is also based on our own experience. *We are not experts in this field, we are speaking purely on our own experience with information sought from the internet to give further examples. *
For this topic, we have had inspiration from my nephews. When having a conversation with Romero about school he mentioned Wellbeing Wednesday. I asked him what it was about, and he said it happens every Wednesday at his school.
They talk about things they can do with other children, like how to help them and things like that. They do activities and they learn about friendships.
We googled Wellbeing Wednesday to see what we might find; in this topic, we are sharing what we have found as well as information on Children’s Mental Health Week.
Romero believes children’s wellbeing is important so that they can be healthy.
Romero believes that:
- Fruit is healthy for children
- Exercising and keeping fit is important
- Staying safe from strangers
- Staying safe from illness and all forms of Covid
I asked Antonio what he does in school to demonstrate kindness. Antonio said he does the following:
- Practice kindness by letting someone go in front of the line
- Play with someone if they don’t have anyone to play with
- Help someone up if they are hurt
There is a buddy bench. This bench is for children who do not have anyone to play with. They sit on the bench; other children will see they are sitting there and go and ask them to play with them.
Their school has value words which are:
Antonio believes if children are not healthy, they could feel unwell which could make them have to stay at home or maybe even go to the hospital. This could make them feel sad.
We always knew we would do this as a topic this year. But we feel honoured and blessed that Antonio and Romero wanted to be a part of it. This makes us feel humbled and grateful. They are children, they are the future, this is their story.
Please see Children’s Mental Health Week 7– 12th February 2022: Growing Together:
2. Illustrative examples/Quotes: Children’s Mental Health Week 7– 12th February 2022: Growing Together
3. YouTube Videos: Children’s Mental Health Week 2022
3.1 Growing Together | Children’s Mental Health Week 2022
“With Children’s Mental Health Week 2022 less than four months away, today Place2Be have announced that next year’s theme is Growing Together”.
3.2 Support Balloon | Children’s Mental Health Week 2022
“For more activity ideas visit” http://www.childrensmentalhealthweek….
3.3 My Changing Shapes | Children’s Mental Health Week 2022
“For more activity ideas visit” http://www.childrensmentalhealthweek….
4. Children’s Mental Health Week 7– 12th February 2022
“Children’s Mental Health Week is taking place on 7-13 February 2022. This year’s theme is Growing Together. We will be encouraging children (and adults) to”…
“The year’s Children’s Mental Health Week will take place on 7-13 February 2022. This year’s theme is Growing Together. We will be encouraging children (and …”
“Children’s Mental Health Week will take place from 4th-11th February. It will highlight, and raise awareness of, children’s mental health and ask them to”…
“Children’s Mental Health Week 2022, will be held on 7 – 13 February. The campaign raises awareness of the importance of children and young people’s mental”..
5. Wellbeing Wednesday – Illustrative examples/quotes
6. Wellbeing Wednesday
“Our exclusive scheme of weekly mental health and wellbeing activities, animations, ebooks, classroom resources and more. Teach children life long skills to”…
“Join our heroes for the FINAl week of Wellbeing Wednesday, all seems calm in … of brand new & differentiated classroom resources and wellbeing activities!”
“Our Wellbeing Wednesday display pack is jam-packed with resources. Giving you everything you could need to create an eye-catching and meaningful whole”…
“The wellbeing monsters are BACK for the Spring term! Fun weekly activities and resources, awesome animations and colourful ebooks to help teach children all”… (9 Jan 2021)
7. Children’s Mental Health and Grief, Children’s Mental Health Resources
“Bereavement can have particularly traumatic effects on children and young people. These include not doing well with their schoolwork, low confidence, being at greater risk of dying young, including a greater risk of dying by suicide”….
How can I support my child?
- “Encourage your child to find ways of expressing their feelings”. …
- “Support your child to say goodbye”. …
- “Talk with them about other ways they can celebrate the person”. …
- “Spend quality time with your child doing things they enjoy”. …
“Encourage them to keep doing their activities and hobbies”. More items…
“Sometimes, the trauma of the death can block the natural grieving process so that a child or young person becomes ‘stuck.’ This is known as traumatic”..
“We also reviewed the webpages of bereavement charities including Hope Again, Childhood Bereavement Network, Child Bereavement UK, and Grief Encounter to locate”…
“The death of a close family member has been shown to be a risk factor for children and young people. Bereavement in childhood have been shown to link to: lower academic attainment. lower aspirations for continued learning”. (15 Nov 2018)
“Children begin to grasp death’s finality around age 4. In one typical study, researchers found that 10 percent of 3-year-olds understand irreversibility, compared with 58 percent of 4-year-olds. The other two aspects of death are learned a bit later, usually between age 5 and 7”. (26 Jul 2013)
Children’s Mental Health Resources
- Information, Hints, and Tips – Child Mental Health and Covid “Coronavirus Is Affecting Our Lives & Things Keep Changing, Which Can Be Hard to Deal With. Worried About How Coronavirus Is Affecting Your Mental Health and Wellbeing? We”…
- Covid Impact On Young People With Mental Health Needs “80% of respondents agreed that the coronavirus pandemic had made their mental health worse. 41% said it had made their mental health “much worse”, up from 32%” …
- Children’s Mental Health – Every Mind Matters – NHS “Some children and young people have enjoyed being off school, while others will have really struggled – with the coronavirus outbreak keeping them at home and”…
- Supporting Children’s Mental Health During Coronavirus (20 Apr 2021) — “Children and young people may feel worried or anxious about different things. Beyond the virus itself, children may be spending more time at” …
- Mental Health During Covid-19: Signs Your Child May Need… (21 Dec 2021) — “The ongoing stress, fear, grief, and uncertainty created by COVID-19 pandemic has weighed heavily on children and teens”.
- Coronavirus – Mentally Healthy Schools “The pandemic and subsequent lockdowns may impact on children’s mental health in many different ways. Children and young people may be experiencing increased”…
- Parenting NI “The Family Wellness Project is an early intervention mental health project for children under 12 and their families. It has been awarded five years funding from the Big Lottery”
8. Our Final Thoughts/YouTube video
When asking Romero if he thought he would be helping us with topics, his words were: He did think they would because we can experiment with things we’ve never done before.
Antonio hopes this topic will help people to be together more and talk to each other
Romero hopes it will help children to be more healthy and eat more healthy.
Our YouTube Video: