More often of late we find ourselves doing Awareness Month topics. We never used to cover these so regularly. We guess this means we are becoming more aware of different matters and causes as we travel along our journey. Because of this, we have more to share as time is going on……
Please see May Awareness Month which covers:
- Dementia Action/Awareness Week 2022
- National Children’s Day 2022
- World Fibromyalgia Awareness Day 2022
- Skin Cancer Awareness Month 2022
- Action For Brain Injury Awareness Week 2022
- World Maternal Mental Health Day 2022
- Deaf Awareness Week 2022
- May Measure Month 2022
- Local and Community History Month 2022
- Make May Purple/Action On Stroke Month 2022
- National Patient Participation Week 2022
- Useful links: May Awareness Month 2022
- Our final thoughts/YouTube video
© Copyright 2019 Grief Probate Journey Blog *PLEASE NOTE THIS INFORMATION IS SOURCED FROM UK and AMERICAN WEBSITES* It is also based on our own experience. *We are not experts in this field, we are speaking purely on our own experience with information sought from the internet to give further examples. *
More often of late we find ourselves doing Awareness Month topics. We never used to cover these so regularly. We guess this means we are becoming more aware of different matters and causes as we travel along our journey. Because of this, we have more to share as time is going on.
Our journey is one of sharing, learning and discovery, but also sharing and learning from others within our Grief Community.
Also with each month that we do topics like this we continue to learn more and more about things we wouldn’t necessarily have known about had it not been for our blog.
Please see May Awareness Month 2022:
2. Dementia Action/Awareness Week 2022
“Dementia Action Week is our biggest and longest running awareness campaign. Each year, we work with individuals and organisations across the UK to encourage”…
“Purple is the official color of the Alzheimer’s movement”.
(13 Apr 2022) — “This Dementia action week, help raise awareness of Dementia and find out what is available in Wandsworth to support people”.
3. National Children’s Day 2022
“NCDUK2022 will be held on Sunday 15th May and the theme is ‘Choose Kind’! · SOS from the”..
“This is a day that is all about the importance of children and how their special rights and freedoms will help them grow into happy, healthy adults. Children’s”…
“National Children’s Day UK is all about the importance of a healthy childhood, and how we need to protect the rights and freedoms of children in order to”…
“Show your true colours and wear BLUE in support of National Child Day. Make it a community or team building event by encouraging your friends and colleagues to join in. Share a National Child Day message by downloading a blank sign – be creative and tell us what children’s rights means to you!”
4. World Fibromyalgia Awareness Day 2022
“National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day dates ; 2022, May 12, Thursday ; 2023, May 12, Friday ; 2024, May 12, Sunday ; 2025, May 12, Monday”.
“On the 12th of May, 2021, join the millions of people who will be participating on this day by holding various events to raise awareness for fibromyalgia”, …
“Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition of widespread pain and profound fatigue. The pain tends to be felt as diffuse aching or burning, often described as head to toe. It may be worse at some times than at others. It may also change location, usually becoming more severe in parts of the body that are used most”.
(5 Dec 2021) — “On May 12th, take the time to learn more about these poorly understood conditions and listen to the stories of people who suffer with them. Wear”…
5. Skin Cancer Awareness Month 2022
“Skin Cancer Awareness Month – May 2022 … Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the world, therefore not only is May Skin Cancer Awareness Month in the UK”, …
“Cancer awareness month calendar ; January. Cervical Cancer Prevention Week”.
“May Is Skin Cancer Awareness Month! With over 5 million cases diagnosed in the United States each year, skin cancer is America’s most common cancer”.
“May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, a time to educate people about the dangers of sk; February. Oesophageal Cancer Awareness. World Cancer Day ; March. Colorectal Cancer”…in cancer, share the facts and help save lives”.
“Skin Cancer awareness month is an awareness campaign that takes place annually each May. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the dangers of unprotected”…
6. Action For Brain Injury Awareness Week 2022
“Brain Injury Awareness Week, which is from May 11 to May 17, aims to raise awareness about the issues that people suffering from brain injuries face”.
16 – 22 May, “people throughout the UK will be supporting Action on Brain Injury (ABI) Week and raising awareness of the often life-changing effects of brain injury”.
(1 Feb 2022) — “Action for Brain Injury Week this year (16th to 22nd May) will focus on what can be for many brain injury survivors, a hidden disability. See” …
“Each year during the campaign week the Child Brain Injury Trust focuses on an important issue to highlight the plight that families affected by childhood”…
7. World Maternal Mental Health Day 2022
“Wednesday 4th May: World Maternal Mental Health Day | Stronger Together”. (7 Feb 2022).
World Maternal Mental Health Day – 4 May 2022 · About · MMH in global perspective · MMH task force · Get involved · Join our call for World Maternal Mental Health …
(October 10 2022) … “World Mental Health Day is run by the World Federation for Mental Health. In 2021, we worked on a very special film to mark the occasion. Find” …
8. Deaf Awareness Week 2022
“Deaf Awareness Week will take place from 2 to 8 May 2022”.
“The theme for Deaf awareness week 2022 is Deaf Inclusion, to explore the entire theme of inclusion within our community. The aim of the campaign is to highlight the impact of hearing loss on everyday life and increase visibility and inclusion of Deaf people”.
“Deaf Awareness Week is run on an annual basis by the UK Council on Deafness, it will be taking place between 2nd – 8th May 2022”.
“Deaf Awareness Week is an annual event that will next take place on the 2nd-8th May 2022. Each year, the event focuses on a theme. In 2020, the event aimed”…
9. May Measure Month 2022
“May Measure Month (MMM) is the annual global screening campaign initiated by the International Society of Hypertension (ISH)”.
10. Local and Community History Month 2022
“May is Local and Community History Month! The aim of the month is to increase awareness of local history, promote history in general to the local community”…
“Local and Community History Month is the month-long celebration of community that takes place across the United Kingdom. Organised by the Historical Association”…
11. Make May Purple/Action On Stroke Month 2022
“In previous years, we’ve marked Stroke Awareness Month with our Make May Purple campaign. In 2021, we focused on raising awareness of the impact of the”…
“The Stroke Association has designated May as their annual stroke awareness month otherwise known as ‘Make May Purple‘. Their aim to to increase the”…
12. National Patient Participation Week 2022
31 May – 5th June
“National Patient Participation Week is a national event held each June and aims to raise the profile of Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) who work with the NHS, especially in GP surgeries, to help steer NHS treatment by using the experiences and evaluations of NHS patients”.
Patient participation is something we feel ever so strongly about. The patient, their feelings and wishes need to be listened to and heard. Our Dad endured a seven-month battle in the hospital, it was a terrible experience for us all, which unfortunately and very sadly led to our Dad passing away in March 2017.
13. Useful links: May Awareness Month 2022
- What is World Ovarian Cancer Day? “8 May 2021 — Established in 2013 by a group of leaders from ovarian cancer advocacy organizations around the world, May 8 – World Ovarian Cancer Day“, …
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day | IFRC “8 May is World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day—a global day to celebrate the uniqueness and unity of our International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement”.
- Viral Meningitis Awareness Week This year’s Viral Meningitis Awareness Week is still to be confirmed Don’t ignore viral meningitis – be vocal about viral. Affected by viral?
- Anaphylaxis Awareness Week 2022 UK “We are excited to announce that our annual Anaphylaxis Awareness Week will be taking place again in 2022! Anaphylaxis Awareness Week is the perfect”…
- National Gardening Week – RHS “National Gardening Week. Discover and celebrate the joy of gardening from 2 – 8 May 2022, kicking off with the unveiling of four newly created community gardens”…
- ME Awareness Week | The ME Association “Centred on ME Awareness Day on May 12th, ME Awareness Week is a time when everyone we know puts all their valuable energy into telling the world that M.E. is a”…
14. Our final thoughts/YouTube video
We hope this topic might be of use to those who read it. Awareness is powerful.