Preview to topic:
We are all about trying our very best to spread awareness of matters that are not necessarily given enough of a platform. We feel passionate about sharing our experience and sharing new things that we find out and discover along our grief journey. My sister and I are on a grief journey; however, we are also on a journey that our blog is taking us on. Our grief journey is a journey of learning and discovery, and so is our blog journey…..
Please see April Awareness Month 2021 which covers:
- Illustrative examples April Awareness Month 2021
- April Awareness Month 2021
- Bowel Cancer Awareness Month
- Orchid Male Cancer Awareness Week 2021
- Stress Awareness Month
- MS Awareness Week
- Bee Active, Bee Healthy, Bee Happy Week 2021
- World Parkinson’s Day 2021
- Useful Links
- Our final thoughts/Our YouTube video
© Copyright 2019 Grief Probate Journey Blog *PLEASE NOTE THIS INFORMATION IS SOURCED FROM UK and AMERICAN WEBSITES* It is also based on our own experience. *We are not experts in this field, we are speaking purely on our own experience with information sought from the internet to give further examples. *
We are all about trying our very best to spread awareness of matters that are not necessarily given enough of a platform. We feel passionate about sharing our experience and sharing new things that we find out and discover along our grief journey. My sister and I are on a grief journey, however, we are also on a journey that our blog is taking us on. Our grief journey is a journey of learning and discovery, and so is our blog journey.
We are learning so many things along the way. Things that have helped us have a greater understanding of some of the things we were and have been experiencing since our Dad was hospitalised in September 2016, things that we wished we had known back then. Things that are helpful for us moving forward in our grief journey.
We are very passionate about helping to share and spread awareness on matters like this. It’s close to our hearts. When our Dad was hospitalised in September 2016, he was diagnosed with a life-threatening heart condition: Infective Endocarditis. It was truly worrying times for us as we had never heard of this before. Unfortunately, the bacteria went into our Dad’s eyes causing him to go blind. Something else that was incredibly sad and difficult times is the fact that due to the initial diagnosis of Infective Endocarditis our Dad suffered from many other conditions, one of which was delirium. This was something that we did not know enough about at the time, but like most of the situations we found ourselves in, we had to learn fast to keep up with everything we were dealing with. Because of these situations, we have topics on:
Throughout our journey, it definitely has taken a toll on us both and the family mentally and physically. My blood pressure is high and at the moment I am on medication which might have to be for life. I am doing everything that I can in the hope I will be off of this medication fairly soon. Tanya suffers from Chron’s disease and now has been diagnosed with Chron’s related arthritis, our Mum has recently been diagnosed with Underactive Thyroid. We are thankful a diagnosis was made, and that the medication is starting to make a difference for our Mum. We also have a topic on:
Our Mental health and wellbeing are always important, but especially even more so in the times, we are living in this worldwide pandemic (we have a topic on Living Through Covid times – One year later: Self-Care Ideas). Because of this more so is why we wanted to do this as a topic. It covers many important medical conditions and Awareness days.
Please see April Awareness Month 2021:
2. Illustrative examples April Awareness Month 2021
3. April Awareness Month 2021
“International Amateur Radio Month is observed globally in April. International Pillow Fight Day is observed on April 6 in 2020. World Autism Awareness Day falls on April 2 in 2020. World Health Day is April 7, 2020”.
April Daily Holidays and Observances
- April 1: April Fools’ Day, International Fun at Work Day, National Burrito Day* (first Thursday)
- April 2: World Autism Awareness Day, International Children’s Book Day*, National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, National Ferret Day, National Walk to Work Day* (first Friday)
“A list of health awareness events for April 2021 Include monthly, weekly and daily health observances”.
“The most comprehensive calendar of awareness events from the UK, US and across the world. View … International Cesarean Awareness Month 2021. April 1”…
“April National Months · National Alcohol Awareness Month · English Language Month · National Month of Hope · National Canine Fitness Month · National Financial”…
4. Bowel Cancer Awareness Month
4.1 Illustrative examples
4.2 Bowl Cancer Awareness Month
“Bowel cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the UK. There are 2 main parts to the bowel: the large bowel and the small bowel. Find out more about the bowel, where cancer can start and where it can spread to”.
You can also find out more:
“Bowel cancer means cancer that starts in the large bowel (colon) and the back passage (rectum). It is also known as colorectal cancer. Your treatment depends on where the cancer starts in your bowel. The bowel is split into 2 parts – the small bowel and the large bowel”.
“April is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month, a fantastic opportunity to raise awareness of bowel cancer and funds to support our work”.
4.5 Bowl Cancer UK
“It’s Bowel Cancer Awareness Month! Find out how to get involved this April · Donate monthly · One-off gift”.
“Find out more on the Be Clear on Cancer campaign that aimed to raise awareness of bowel cancer symptoms and encourage those with key symptoms to see”.
“Information On Bowel Cancer. Understanding, Organising And Coping With It. Contact Our Macmillan Nurses For More Support On Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment. Support Line. Support On Treatment. Support For Work. Support Near You. Prognosis Support”.
“April is Bowel Cancer Awareness month. We all know of the existence of bowel cancer, right? But you are not at risk because you are young? Wrong”.
“Thank you to everyone who ordered a Bowel Cancer Awareness Month information pack. All packs will be delivered by the end of March. If you missed out, you”…
Symptoms Bowel cancer
“A persistent change in bowel habit – pooing more often, with looser, runnier poos and sometimes tummy (abdominal) pain. blood in the poo without other symptoms of piles (haemorrhoids) – this makes it unlikely the cause is haemorrhoids”.
The main treatments are:
- “Surgery – the cancerous section of bowel is removed; it is the most effective way of curing bowel cancer, and is all that many people need”.
- “Chemotherapy – where medication is used to kill cancer cells”.
- “Radiotherapy – where radiation is used to kill cancer cells”. More items… (13 Feb 2020)
“If colon cancer metastasizes to the liver, you might feel pain in your right upper abdomen or right shoulder”. (10 Sept 2020)
Symptoms of Colon Cancer in Women
- “Change in bowel habits” (diarrhea, constipation, or stool consistency)
- “Rectal bleeding or blood in the stool”.
- “Abdominal pain, cramping, bloating or discomfort”.
- “Unexplained weight loss”.
- “Unexplained anemia” (iron deficiency)
“The development of a bowel cancer from a polyp may take between five and ten years, and early on there may be no symptoms at all. The most common symptoms are bleeding from the bowel, a change in bowel habit, such as unusual episodes of diarrhoea or constipation and an increase in the amount of mucus in the stool”.
Symptoms & Warning Signs of Cancer
- “Change in bowel or bladder habits”.
- “A sore that does not heal”.
- “Unusual bleeding or discharge”.
- “Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere”.
- “Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing”.
- “Obvious change in a wart or mole”.
- “Nagging cough or hoarseness”.
5. Orchid Male Cancer Awareness Week 2021
5.1. Illustrative Examples Orchid Male Cancer Awareness Week 2021
“Orchid Male Cancer Awareness Week 2021 · April 20 – April 25”·
“Orchid exists to save men’s lives from testicular, prostate and penile cancers through pioneering research and promoting awareness”
“1 in 4 black men will get prostate cancer at some point in their lives and are more … By raising awareness of”…
6. Stress Awareness Month
6.1. Illustrative examples Stress Awareness Month
“Stress Awareness Month has been held every April, since 1992 to increase public awareness about both the causes and cures for our modern stress epidemic”.
“Stress Awareness Month has been recognized every April since 1992, but this year it seems particularly important. Learning to cope with our stress and finding healthy ways to deal with these situations can go a long way in living a healthy and positive life”.
“Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. It can come from any event or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry, or nervous. Stress is your body’s reaction to a challenge or demand. In short bursts, stress can be positive, such as when it helps you avoid danger or meet a deadline”. (10 May 2020).
What are psychological and emotional signs of stress?
- “Depression or anxiety”.
- “Anger, irritability, or restlessness”.
- “Feeling overwhelmed, unmotivated, or unfocused”.
- “Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much”.
- “Racing thoughts or constant worry”.
- “Problems with your memory or concentration”.
- “Making bad decisions”.
16 Simple Ways to Relieve Stress and Anxiety
- “Exercise. Exercise is one of the most important things you can do to combat stress”. …
- “Consider supplements. Several supplements promote stress and anxiety reduction”. …
- “Light a candle”. …
- “Reduce your caffeine intake”. …
- “Write it down”. …
- “Chew gum”. …
- “Spend time with friends and family”. …
- “Laugh”. More items… (28 Aug 2018)
10 Ways to Cope with Chronic Stress
- “Re-balance Work and Home”.
- “Build in Regular Exercise”.
- “Eat Well and Limit Alcohol and Stimulants”.
- “Connect with Supportive People”.
- “Carve out Hobby Time”.
- “Practice Meditation, Stress Reduction or Yoga”.
- “Sleep Enough”.
- “Bond with Your Pet”. (More items…)
From eating chocolate to meditating, there is a quick stress-relieving tactic for everyone.
- “Breathe. Slow, deep breaths can help lower blood pressure and heart rate”. …
- “Listen to Music”. …
- “Take a Quick Walk”. …
- “Find the Sun”. …
- “Give Yourself a Hand Massage”. …
- “Count Backward”. …
- “Stretch”. …
“Rub Your Feet Over a Golf Ball”. (More items…
Relaxing the mind
- “Take slow, deep breaths. Or try other breathing exercises for relaxation”…..
- “Soak in a warm bath”.
- “Listen to soothing music”.
- “Practice mindful meditation. The goal of mindful meditation is to focus your attention on things that are happening right now in the present moment”. …
- “Write”. …
- “Use guided imagery”.
10 Ways to Quiet Your Mind
- “Exercise. Obviously there are physical benefits to exercise, but it can also do wonders for your mind”. …
- “Meditate”. …
- “Write a List”. …
- “Make or Create Something”. …
- “Declutter Your Space”. …
- “Share What’s on Your Mind”. …
- “Read a Fiction Book”. …
- “Make an Action Plan”. (More items… (19 May 2019)
7. MS Awareness Week
7.1 Illustrative examples: MS Awareness Week
“MS Awareness Week 2021. MS Awareness Week 2021 will run from 19-25 April. It’s a chance to raise awareness of multiple sclerosis, and spread the word: #LetsTalkMS. Most people have a vague idea what MS is, but lots of them are a bit confused.”
“MS Awareness week April 19 – 25 2021 · Page-level navigation · Our focus this MS Awareness week – Me, MySelf and I · Get involved and share your story”…
“19 Apr 2021 — About this event. Most people have a vague idea what MS is, but lots are a bit confused. Some people know it causes problems with movement”.
“It is the color for multiple sclerosis. The MS Orange. Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics”.
“How do people get MS?
“The cause of multiple sclerosis is unknown. It’s considered an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system attacks its own tissues. In the case of MS , this immune system malfunction destroys the fatty substance that coats and protects nerve fibers in the brain and spinal cord” (myelin). (12 Jun 2020)
“April 20 – April 25). MS Awareness Week 2020 will run from 20-26 April. It’s a chance to raise awareness of multiple sclerosis”, …
8. Bee Active, Bee Healthy, Bee Happy Week 2021
8.1 Illustrative examples: Bee Active, Bee Healthy, Bee Happy Week 2021
“Everyone, Healthy and Happy”. We bring our best selves and energy to work. We are proud to do the right thing and do things right. We collaborate, contribute”…
“Through The Running Bee Foundation events, we will champion health and wellbeing initiatives, promote the benefits of an active lifestyle and help in the fight to reduce childhood obesity. We will make … prev. next. Latest News · (25 Mar 2021)…
“(April 5 – April 12). The Running Bee Foundation promotes the benefits of an active lifestyle, champions health and well being initiatives and aims to help reduce”…
“Bee Active are the areas leading sports and physical education provider. We have created a real ‘BUZZ’ with” …
9. World Parkinson’s Day 2021
9.1 Illustrative examples: World Parkinson’s Day 2021
“On Sunday 11 April the Parkinson’s community will come together, even while we’re apart, for a special live event. Celebrate the power of community”.
“Sunday 11th April 2021 marks World Parkinson’s Day– an annual coming together to raise awareness and much needed funds to improve life with Parkinson’s”…
“Parkinson’s Awareness Week kicks starts on World Parkinson’s Day– Sunday 11th April 2021 and ends on Saturday 17th April. As there is no cure for”…
10. Useful links:
10.1 International Mother Earth Day 2021
- International Mother Earth Day 2021 – National Awareness Days
- International Mother Earth Day – Wikipedia
10.2 World Homeopathy Awareness Week 2021
- World Homeopathy Day – April 10 – National Day Calendar
- World Homeopathy Awareness Week 2021
- Homeopathy Awareness Week 2021
- Homeopathy Awareness Week: help spread the word
10.3 World PI Week 2021
10.4 Allergy Awareness Week 2021
- Allergy Awareness Week 2021 – Event info and Resources
- Allergy Awareness Week 2021 – Allergy UK
- Allergy Awareness Week 2021 – National Awareness Days
11. Our Final thoughts/Our YouTube Video
We hope this topic might be of use to someone, and we would like to wish whoever might read this a Happy Easter, good day, remainder of the week, and beyond.