Preview to topic:
There are many awareness days, weeks in October. It wouldn’t be possible to cover them all within the month, this is why we combine to create one topic which covers as many as possible……
Please see October Awareness Month 2021 which covers:
- World Smile Day 2021 (1st October)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021 (1st – 31st October)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month 2021 (1st – 31st October)
- ADHD Awareness Month 2021 (1st – 31st October)
- National Cholesterol Month 2021 (1st – 31st October)
- Eye Injury Prevention Month (1st – 31st October)
- Lupus Awareness Month 2021 (1st – 31st October)
- Backcare Awareness Week 2021 (4th – 8th October)
- World Dyslexia Awareness Week 2021 (5th – 11th October)
- World Hospice and Palliative Care Day 2021 (9th October)
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day (15th October)
- Restart A Heart Day 2021 (October 16th)
- World Menopause Day 2021 (18th October)
- World Perimenopause Day 2021 (11th October)
- Legs Matter Week 2021 (11th -15th October)
- Links on other October Awareness Days/Weeks
- Our final thoughts/Our YouTube Video
© Copyright 2019 Grief Probate Journey Blog *PLEASE NOTE THIS INFORMATION IS SOURCED FROM UK and AMERICAN WEBSITES* It is also based on our own experience. *We are not experts in this field, we are speaking purely on our own experience with information sought from the internet to give further examples. *
There are many awareness days, weeks in October. It wouldn’t be possible to cover them all within the month, this is why we combine to create one topic which covers as many as possible.
There is a saying that we only live once. I usually quote it quite a lot, but on the flip side of that saying is one that says: You only die once but you live every day.
In honesty, I hesitated writing that word, it’s still so difficult to say or write since our Dad sadly passed away in March 2017. It literally gives a feeling inside that is hard to describe or explain.
That feeling has made me drift from what I was trying to express, we live every day, and although it is much easier said than done, we should try our best to live our best life. Taking care of ourselves mentally and physically, being aware of changes in our body, acknowledging when our body is talking to us to tell us something is wrong.
My sister and I feel passionate about the fact that knowledge and awareness is power. This is why we have decided to publish this topic today.
Please see October Awareness Month 2021 which covers:
2. World Smile Day 2021 (1st October)
“The first Friday of October is World Smile Day (October 1), a relatively new holiday with a fascinating story. Created by a commercial artist named Harvey” …
“In 2021, World Smile Day will take place on the 1st of October 2021. The idea of the day is to do a simple act of kindness for someone to”…
“About World Smile Day · Similar Observances · Other Observances on October 1st 2021”.
“World Smile Day is the perfect day to make others smile while also ensuring you have a smile on your face as well. There are a lot of events that go on around”…
“This is the website for information about World Smile Day®, smiley and Harvey Ball”.
3. Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021 (1st – 31st October)
“Wear Pink. Raise Money. Help Make Life-Saving Research And Care Happen. Find Out More. Wear It Pink And You Can Help To Make Sure That Life-Changing Research And Care Continues. Fund Life-Saving Research. Will You Join Us? Wear Pink Raise Funds”.
“Awareness surrounding breast cancer is incredibly important as early detection, often through screening, can catch the disease when it is most treatable. According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women, except for skin cancers”. (3 Oct 2019).
“October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the Breast Cancer Care press team have everything you need for any features on breast cancer”…
“On Friday 22 October 2021, we will wear pink. Raise money. And help make life-saving breast cancer research and life-changing care happen. If there ever was a” …
“Read about Breast Cancer Awareness Month in United Kingdom in 2021. Every October, people all over the world show their support for people affected by”…
4. Domestic Violence Awareness Month 2021 (1st – 31st October)
“October was first declared as National Domestic Violence Awareness Month in 1989. Since then, October has been a time to acknowledge domestic violence survivors and be a voice for its victims”.
“Domestic Violence Awareness Month is designed to unify women and men all across the world who have been victims of domestic violence”.
“Our campaign projects are focused on raising awareness on the issues of domestic and and emotional abuse. LOVE DOESN’T HURT CAMPAIGN”.
5. ADHD Awareness Month 2021 (1st – 31st October)
“ADHD statistics in children”
“Surveys show 2.4% (388,000) of children aged 2 to 5 years old, and 9.6% (2.4 million) of children aged 6 to 11 years old have been diagnosed with ADHD. The median age of diagnosis for severe ADHD is 4 years old. The median age of diagnosis for moderate ADHD is 6 years old”. “21 Jan 2021”
“October is ADHD Awareness Month. The leading ADHD support organizations know you have questions and are bringing you evidence-based answers. “Common Questions”, …
“ADHD Awareness Month, sponsored by the Attention Deficit Disorder Association and observed each October, highlights the latest research and clinical studies”…
“October is ADHD Awareness Month! ADHD Awareness Month is celebrated every October, with events and activities happening all across the country and now”, …
“October is ADHD Awareness month, but what does this have to do with decluttering and organising your home? APDO member Sarah Bickers explains”.
6. National Cholesterol Month 2021
“National Cholesterol Month encourages everyone to know about their own cholesterol and how to keep it at healthy levels”.
“National cholesterol month is an entire month dedicated to raising awareness of high cholesterol, the health implications and reducing your”…
“October is National Cholesterol Month. Cholesterol is a fatty substance which is needed in the cells of your body. Too much cholesterol in your blood can”…
“October marks the UK’s National Cholesterol Month – a month devoted to raising awareness of the health implications as a result of high cholesterol levels”.
7. Eye Injury Prevention Month
“October is Eye Injury Prevention Month”.
“With half of all eye injuries happening in the home, we could all use a gentle reminder about the importance of eye safety. The American Academy of”…
(7 Jul 2021) — “July has been designated as Eye Injury Prevention Month! In honor of this observance and as proof of our ongoing commitment to improving the”…
8. Lupus Awareness Month
“Lupus Awareness Month takes place during October each year in the UK. We encourage members to put up posters and host awareness and fundraising events (such”…
“”… 1991 by Professor Graham Hughes to support Lupus medical and clinical research at St. Thomas’ & Guys Hospitals and raise awareness of Lupus in the UK”.
“LUPUS UK is the only national registered charity supporting people with. … is taking part in our 31-mile challenge for Lupus Awareness Month in October!”
9. Back Care Awareness Week 2021
“With the global pandemic in mind, the past two years have been extremely difficult for all, and as a result BackCare Awareness Week 2021 (4th to 8th…”
“(25 Feb 2021) — The 2021 Backcare Awareness Week will run from 4-8 October. The theme for this year’s campaign is Back Pain working from home”.
“Back Care Awareness Week (October 7-11) is an opportunity for employers to reflect on how they can better support the health and wellbeing of sedentary”…
“The annual Back Care Awareness Week, run by BackCare, the UK’s leading charity for those impacted by back or neck pain, is to take place between 2nd and 8th…”
10. World Dyslexia Awareness Week
“Dyslexia Week 2021 will be taking place from Monday 4 October – Sunday 10 October this year. We’ve got lots of great activities going on throughout the week,” …
“Dyslexia Awareness Week is an annual event aimed at further understanding and raising awareness amongst your pupils about dyslexia; what it means”, …
“World Dyslexia Awareness Week – WDAW. 500 likes · 4 talking about this. World Dyslexia Awareness Week is held the first week of October. We aim to bring”…
11. World Hospice and Palliative Care Day 2021 (9th October)
“World Hospice and Palliative Care Day is an annual unified day of action to celebrate and support hospice and palliative care around the world”.
“(1 Jul 2021) — The Worldwide Hospice and Palliative Care Alliance has announced the date of their next World Hospice and Palliative Care Day (WHPCD)”, …
“World Hospice and Palliative Care Day is a unified day of action to celebrate and support hospice and palliative care around the world”.
12. Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day (15th October)
“October 15th – World Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day … On October 15th, participate in the International Wave of Light by lighting a candle at 7 pm“…
“October 15 is a national remembrance day for miscarriage and pregnancy loss and October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month”.
“We hope that we can help you by giving you and all of the other parents, grandparents, siblings, relatives, and friends a special day of remembrance. This”…
13. Restart A Heart Day 2021 (October 16th)
“The next Restart a Heart Day will take place on 16 October 2021. The Resuscitation Council UK along with the British Heart Foundation, British Red Cross, St John Ambulance, NHS Ambulance Service and Saving Lives for Scotland work together to help raise awareness of cardiac arrest and teach CPR”.
“Restart a Heart 2021 will see some in-person events resume in the UK. Digital learning will still play a key role in ensuring that everyone has a chance to”…
“What is Restart a Heart Day? Restart a Heart Day is an annual training event on October 16th relating to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and”…
“The European Restart a Heart Day was founded with the support of the European parliament and takes place on the 16th of October every year. In 2021”…
14. World Menopause Day 2021 (18th October)
“World Menopause Day is held every year on the 18th October. The purpose of the day is to raise awareness of menopause and the support options available for improving health and wellbeing”.
“(18 Oct 2021) — World Menopause Day was founded to raise awareness about the menopause and provide women with support who are experiencing the menopause and”…
14.3 World Menopause Day
“The theme for World Menopause Day 2021 is Bone Health. The White Paper will be published in the October 2021 issue of Climacteric”.
(6 Apr 2021) — “World Menopause Day is a worldwide awareness call for women who face health issues when approaching, during and beyond the menopause”.
“new programme ‘Menopause: The Change is Here’ To mark World Menopause Day 2021, BMS has partnered with ITN Productions Industry News to produce a news-style”…
15. World Perimenopause Day 2021 (18th October)
“World Menopause Day 2021 18-10-2021”.
“A period called perimenopause usually begins a few years before the last menstrual cycle. There are two stages in the transition: Early Stage. Perimenopause can begin in some women in their 30s, but most often it starts in women ages 40 to 44”.
“World Menopause Day is held every year on the 18th October. The purpose of the day is to raise awareness of the menopause and the support options available for”…
“October 18 is World Menopause Awareness Day; Menopause Awareness Month takes place during … The theme for 2021 is bone health. IMS will be announcing more”…
“(6 Apr 2021) — World Menopause Day is a worldwide awareness call for women who face health issues when approaching, during and beyond the menopause”.
October is menopause awareness month, and this year we’re looking to raise awareness around perimenopause – the transitional period into menopause, while highlighting the importance of research, education and combating global stigma”……..
15.7 YouTube Video: Get the facts on perimenopause and menopause
“Join the dots with this easy-to-digest animation on the facts and figures of menopause and perimenopause. For more information visit” www.healthandher.com
16. Legs Matter Week (11th -15th October)
“Legs Matter Week 2021 – 11-15 October. There are lots of things we can do to take charge of our leg and foot health and start feeling our best again”.
“Legs Matter operates under the governance of the Tissue Viability Society. It is a coalition of eight healthcare charities and not-for-profit organisations”..
“Dedicated advice, tips and information about leg and foot problems for patients, friends, … Are you ready to take charge – Legs Matter Week”.
“There are lots of things we can do to take charge of our leg and foot health and start feeling our best again. Read more · Campaign updates | (21st June 2021)” …
17. Links on other October Awareness Days/Weeks
- National Adoption Week 2021 First4Adoption “#YouCanAdopt aims to bust myths around who is eligible to adopt and explore what the adoption process involves. It also seeks to highlight that there are still children out there who are waiting too long for their “forever family”.
- National Child Health Day 2021 What is National Child Health Day? “first Monday of every October” “National Child Health Day is on the first Monday of every October where we show our support of children’s health, family, and those that work hard to help them”.
- World Osteoporosis October20 “Osteoporosis can be prevented. … Inspiring, real-life stories of people from around the world … ©2021 International Osteoporosis Foundation”.
- World Food Day 16 October “World Food Day, 16 October · Four ways to show your support… · Sign up for exclusive content”
- British Polio Fellowship: Home “The British Polio Fellowship is a charitable organisation dedicated to … in the UK living with the late effects of polio and post–polio syndrome (PPS)”.
- Dyspraxia Awareness Week 6 – 11 October 2021 – Star Events “Dyspraxia Awareness Week 6-11 October 2021. Dyspraxia is a common developmental coordination disorder.10 Jun 2021”
- October is Pituitary Awareness Month | News “October is Pituitary Awareness Month | News » Latest News and Articles”.
- SUDEP Action Day – 20th October 2021 “SUDEP Action Day is a special day which brings organisations and people together to raise awareness of SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy) and epilepsy deaths worldwide. Wednesday 20 October 2021”.
- CMT Awareness Month – Charcot-Marie-Tooth UK “Every year during October, we increase our activities to spread the word as widely as possible throughout the UK about our charity and the condition of …”.
- UK Malnutrition Awareness Week 2021 “#UKMAW 2021 – a focus on themed days · Monday 11th October · Tuesday 12th October · Wednesday 13th October · Thursday 14th October · Friday 15th October · Saturday” …
- International Stammering Awareness “Welcome to the International Stuttering Awareness Day (ISAD) Online Conference, October 1-31, 2021, celebrating the 24th time the Online Conference has been”…
National Braille Week 2021 (11th – 17th October)
18. Our Final Thoughts/Our YouTube Video
We hope this topic might be of use to those who read it.
Our YouTube Video: