© Copyright 2019 Grief Probate Journey Blog
WOW TWO YEARS AND THREE MONTHS OLD!!!
We would like to say a HUGE MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone who reads, follows, supports and shares our blog, and to those who comment and share their stories. These things are invaluable and mean so much to us.
We feel humbled beyond belief, privileged, blessed, and we are extremely grateful.
This blog has become almost like a lifeline for us. It brings us pleasure to know that not only have we become part of an amazing supportive community, but we are also creating one of our own. When we see the interaction and support within this community it feels almost surreal, but it is a good feeling.
We are all travelling along our own unique and individual journeys, but through things like our blog and social media pages, we find and connect with others who are going through similar and through that, we can support one another by sharing our stories.
In the past three months since we published: Grief Probate Journey is 24 Months old we have:
- Done a topic on: National Grief Awareness Day. In this topic we highlighted a campaign and story by Professor Green.
- Collaborated with the ACLT on one of their Blood drives campaigns (combined with Blood Cancer Awareness Month): Blood Cancer Awareness Month – in collaboration with ACLT: Bonded by Blood: A Mother’s Story (In memory of Richard Okorogheye). We got in contact with ACLT and were honoured when they mentioned this campaign to us (We were so honoured when ACLT retweeted our topic) .
- Did a topic on Suicide Prevention Month: Suicide Loss and Grief. Suicide isn’t something that has affected my sister or I directly, but it has affected the members of our community that has grown through our blog. We wanted to represent what members of our community are going through and try to help to spread further awareness.
We have been viewed in the following Countries:
- Congo Brazzaville
- Our Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter followers have increased.
- We have reached 91,000 views on the Blog this year. That is 40,458 views up since 2020, and 90,237 up since we launched the blog in 2019. There are no words to explain how this growth in our blog makes us feel.
What humbles us and makes us feel like this was most definitely worthwhile are the comments, sharing of stories, and bonds we are making because of this. These are the things that help to push away any doubts that we have about this being the right thing to still be doing. We truly appreciate you all, you bring so much value to what we do. For that we are truly thankful and grateful.
Ultimately we never forget the reason why our blog started. Our wonderful Dad unfortunately being hospitalised in September 2016, sadly passing away in March 2017. Our Dad endured a courageous seven month battle in the hospital after initially being diagnosed with Infective Endocarditis (we have topics on Infective Endocarditis, Infective Endocarditis and Blindness).
The quote and poem below resonates so much with us. Our Dad was such a great man, a kind smart and intelligent soul. We miss him immensly, we hope that we are doing him proud, and we hope to keep going and growing along our blog journey. Trying to help to make that difference in sharing about grief, health and wellbeing.
We had been asked by a friend to share the above helpline number for Doemstic Violence. We obliged and decided to share it on every single topic that we publish. We made this decision as violence whether domestic or not is not acceptable. We were so saddened to hear of the School Teacher Sabina Nessa who went missing and was murdered on Friday 21st September 2021. Our thoughts and condolonces go out to her family friends, the School that she worked and all that new her. May Sabina R.I.E.P.
2 thoughts on “GRIEF PROBATE JOURNEY IS 27 MONTHS OLD!”